R Program Installation
R is the programming language. This language is a software environment for statistical data manipulation, graphics description and reporting.
R Language was invented by Robert Gentleman and Ross Ihaka at Auckland University in New Zealand in August 1993. R language is named from the first letters of the names of these two. Right now this language is being developed by R Development Core Team.
R This language is mostly compatible with the S language developed by AT&T.
R Ye Language; Open source and found for free under the GNU General Public License. R This language is GNU Package. R This software environment is written in C and Fortran language.
R this language; Linux, Windows and Mac supports all these operating systems/platforms.
How to install R Program?
R statistical software can be downloaded and installed for free.
To download R, go to https://cran.r-project.org/ this website and download R according to your computer’s operating system.
After downloading, double click on the downloaded Windows Installer (.exe) file.
- After that a prompt given below will open. On this prompt, select your preferred language and click on the OK button.
- After that setup will start. There click on Next Button.
- After that the GNU Public License of R Language will come. After reading that license, click on the Next button.
- After that where to install R, give the path and click on Next Button.
- After that check 32 or 64 bit files according to your OS and click on Next Button.
- After that click on this radio button on Startup Option and click on Next Button.
- After that if you want to create the start menu folder of R program then click on Next Button. If you do not want to do so, then check ‘Don’t Create a Start Menu folder’ and click on Next Button.
- After that after checking some additional tasks according to your need, click on the Next button.
- After that the installation will start.
- After the installation is over, click Finish on this button.
Example R Program “Hello World”
Hello Program is created first in every programming language. In this topic ‘Hello World Program’ of R Language will be taught.
> 'Hello World'  "Hello World" > print("Hello World!") > print("Hello World!", quote = FALSE) > print("Hello World!", quote = TRUE) > print(paste("Hello", "World"))
> print("Hello World")  "Hello World" > print("Hello World", quote = FALSE)  Hello World > print("Hello World", quote = TRUE)  "Hello World" > print(paste("Hello","World"))  "Hello World"